THE ACTIVITY IN BRIEF
On June 3, during our Focus USA week, Former United States Congressman William Owens and the team of experts from the North Country Chamber of Commerce will be here to help you grow your business in the U.S. market. Learn about legal and financial aspects, accounting, taxes, shipping across the border and visas to form a network for success.
The seminar will be based around an interactive case study: an analysis of the process of going from startup to business growth on American soil.
You will have an opportunity to network with the various participants, and ask questions relating to your company or your products.
Interested in conducting business with our southern neighbours? Check out these other activities from Focus USA:
View the profiles of the panelists here
The speech will be delivered in English only.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Identify business opportunities for your company in the United States
- Assess your development strategy for the American market
- Hear other entrepreneurs discuss their experience on the market
- Meet potential partners and key stakeholders for your projects in the United States
- Evaluate the market’s potential for your business
- Understand the challenges and issues for Quebec companies
WHY THE USA?
With a market of over 350 million consumers, the United States represents the world’s largest economy. Its size gives it the power to influence global acceptance of both consumer goods and industrial standards.
With over 70% of Canadian exports going to this market, the United States is Canada’s largest trade partner. Given its geographic and cultural proximity, it is an essential destination for Canadian exporters, who must develop strong business partnerships with American firms.
Despite a decline in trade between Canada and the United States in recent months, there is no reason to call into question the earlier prevailing upward trend. With the growth of the United States’ real GDP and the lower Canadian dollar, exports should rapidly resume their growth.
THE UNITED STATES – FACTS AND FIGURES:
- A GDP of 16,799.70 billion USD (2014)
- Significant imports from Canada valued at 358,189.89 million CAD
- Main imports: consumer and capital goods, industrial supplies, auto and light motor-vehicles
- The country’s key sectors: aerospace, machinery (industrial & analytical instruments), oil and natural gas, plastics and chemical products, medical technology and devices, telecommunications
- The largest consumer market in the world
- A vast market with varying regional characteristics
Build business relationships south of the border