THE ACTIVITY IN BRIEF
On November 30, Jordan’s Minister of Industry and Commerce, Ms. Maha A. Ali, will be speaking at a seminar and networking cocktail party organized by the World Trade Centre Montréal. Take advantage of the opportunity to come meet the delegation of Jordanian companies accompanying the Minister, as well as Canadian companies active on this market.
See the preliminary program
See the list of jordanian delegates
The activity will be held in French and English
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Learn about business opportunities and the business environment in Jordan
- Evaluate your development strategy for the Jordanian market
- Hear Quebec companies discuss their experiences on this market
- Assess the market’s potential for your business
- Understand the challenges and issues for Quebec companies operating in the region
Jordan plays an important role in promoting peace in the Middle East. The country is a natural partner for Canada, and an effective liaison between the Arab world and the Western world.
The only Arab nation to benefit from a free trade agreement with Canada (which came into effect in October 2012), Jordan is a gateway to the countries of the Levant, as well as to the Arabian Peninsula. Jordan is therefore an interesting market for companies making development efforts towards the Middle East.
Exports of Canadian goods to Jordan have grown 20% since 2013, and imports more than tripled over this same period. In 2013, the value of Canadian exports to Jordan was estimated at 65 million dollars; in 2014, exports rose to 78.4 million. As for imports, they have been taking place since the entry into force of the free trade agreement, growing from 21.8 million dollars in 2012 to 62.5 million in 2014. The main products exported to Jordan from Canada were vehicles, wood, wood products, vegetables, paper, and cardboard. Canada mainly imported textile products.
Jordan, in brief:
- A population of over 8 million inhabitants with an average age of 21.8 (2014)
- A GDP of over 38.2 billion USD and an economic growth rate of 3.2% (2014)
- A generous, welcoming land for refugees (Syrians, Iraqis, Palestinians)
- A stable platform for companies with activities in the Middle East
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All companies seeking to develop their business in Jordan or in the Middle East and hoping to learn more.
The activity will be of particular interest to companies in the following sectors:
- Construction and infrastructure
- Transportation services
The activity will also be of interest to:
- Investors and financial institutions
- International project management advisors
- Companies with experience on the Jordanian market
Explore promising opportunities for your company in Jordan!
|In collaboration with:
|In partnership with: