THE MISSION IN BRIEF
The Board of Trade’s team of international trade experts, the World Trade Centre Montréal, in collaboration with Tourisme Montréal, is organizing a trade mission to Paris, France, from March 30 to April 3, 2015. As part of a week-long series of events planned by Tourisme Montréal, MTL@Paris celebrates the creative power of Montréal in the City of Lights. The trade mission will permit companies in the creative industries to develop their export capacities in France. The mission targets companies from the following industries:
- Digital media
- Other sectors (personalized program)
- Fashion (for more information on this sector, click here)
In addition to the commercial services offered to mission participants, the delegation will have the opportunity to participate in the week’s events, a broad promotion of Montréal as a creative brand with a series of planned activities for networking and visibility.
MTL@Paris Week (March 30 to April 3, 2015)
March 31, 2015: A Montréal-themed business luncheon at the famed Cercle de l'Union interalliée private club
April 2, 2015: Tourisme Montréal presents “A MTL Moment in Paris” in partnership with Chromatic Festival at the Cité de la Mode et du Design (www.chromatic.ca/paris/)
+ INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION
- One to one and group meetings with potential clients and partners;
- Networking activities including a business luncheon and “A MTL Moment in Paris”;
- Preparatory documentation and briefing with our experts;
- Four (4) nights of hotel (optional)
- Guidance over the course of your stay.
The objective of this mission is to help participating companies to successfully export their products or services into this highly competitive market. Widely recognized as an industry leader and one of a handful of important hubs for creative industries, Paris is an entry point to the European market and a key market to establish brand credibility.
|Without individual meetings
||Become a member
2 grants available for 35 yrs and under, please contact us for more information.
Cancellation policy >Cancellations received before the mission registration deadline will be subject to 10% administration fees (plus taxes). Cancellations received after that date will not be reimbursed. Please note that only cancellation notices sent via fax at 514 871-5971 or email to the contact will be accepted.
Advisor, International market development
514 871-4002, ext. 6212
February 27, 2015
The activity will take place in French
WHY PARIS ?
In 2010, a full one-fourth of France’s economic growth was attributed its digital expansion. This sector is the third most important in Europe (European Information Technology Observatory), a factor which it attributed, among other things, to the high rate of high speed internet growth (2nd in Europe).
Sectors of interest:
- Software publishers in the fields of:
- Operations Management
- Building Management
- Cloud and Security
- Mobile and Analytics
Montréal enjoys a strong international reputation in the digital media. This marriage of creativity and technology takes many forms including event design, multi-media design, application design, interactive media, web content creation and much more. France is also developing its capacities in this sector with an emerging and competitive digital media industry that enjoys institutional support via industrial clusters and infrastructure spending.
With the second highest rates of high speed internet integration in Europe and on-line sales that are increasing at a rate of 25% per annum, the government is planning on spending billions on up-grades of infrastructure for this sector.
In addition to this several industrial clusters have been formed to promote and develop these industries:
Industrial Clusters (“Pôles de compétitivité”) in France:
- Cap Digital (Île-de-France): Digital content creation, multimedia exchange and distribution
- Images et réseaux (Brittany and Pays de la Loire: Communication networks
- Minalogic (Rhône-Alpes): Micro and nanotechnologies for industry
- Secured Communicating Solutions (Provence): Secured communicating solutions
- Systematic (Île-de-France): Complex systems and generic software
This is an important and developing market in this sector; opportunities for Quebec digital media firms both in securing partnerships and know-how and in developing a client base abound.
Industrial designers, interior designers and graphic designers looking for opportunities in France are encouraged to participate in this trade mission. The World Trade Centre Montréal with our network of local partners and contacts in Paris trade offices will aid participating companies in a program of B2B and B2C meetings. Boasting a formidable interiors industry (furniture, lighting, fixtures), the French market for industrial design services is vast but also highly competitive. Interior designers clearly have a lot of local competition also; however niche companies with something new to offer the market (as well as international renown and expertise) should consider joining this mission.
Participate in this mission to:
- Leverage the visibility surrounding “A MTL Moment in Paris” and related activities
- Benefit from pre-arranged meetings with potential clients or partners
- Develop relationships with potential agents or local distributors
- Define your business development strategy in Paris, based on practical experience in the field
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
Companies in the creative industries and companies with a strong interest in developing this market:
- Digital media
- Interactive media and technologies
- Event design
- Museum design
- Interior design
- Industrial design
- Graphic design
- Web and application development
We are also accepting businesses from other sectors with a strong interest in this market
Create an opportunity for your business to expand in France and Europe!
In partnership with :