A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Assess the potential of developing your business in Asia as part of projects financed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Learn about business opportunities and upcoming major projects in Asian nations benefiting from the ADB
- Understand the purchasing and procurement processes used by these international financial institutions
- Network with other businesses interested in development projects in Asia
WHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED IN PROJECTS FUNDED BY THE ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
The Asian continent is one of the world economy's main poles of growth. The International Monetary Fund predicts that Asia will become the top-ranking economic region globally by 2030, outpacing the G7 nations.
Despite these favourable projections, many countries in Asia and the Pacific remain afflicted by poverty and underdevelopment.
It is in this context that the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has, for over 45 years, supported the economic and social development of these nations. It provides them with technical assistance and, above all, funds the development projects initiated by the governments and private sectors of its beneficiary countries.
- Projects launched by the ADB in 2012 are valued at $21.6 billion USD in loans and grants
- These projects represent a great source of business opportunities for our companies, since the invitations to tender are open to suppliers of products and services from around the globe
- The value of the contracts won by Canadian companies has exceeded $700 million USD since the ADB was founded
- Several Canadian businesses have already taken advantage of the highly transparent procurement contracting system supervised by the ADB as part of the development projects it funds
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This activity is specifically intended for:
- International development consultants and expert advisors
- Universities, colleges, and other institutions of higher learning
- Engineering firms
The activity will be of particular interest to businesses in the following sectors:
- Construction and building materials
- Water: supply and sanitation
- Utilities management
- Health care and emergency management
- Urban planning and management
- Land and farmland management
- Natural resource management
- Information technology
Take part in projects funded by the Asian Development Bank.