A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Learn about business opportunities and promising sectors in Mexico for Quebec companies
- Assess your development strategy for the Mexican market
- Hear experts and entrepreneurs speak about their experience on this market
Mexico is a leading partner for both Canada and Quebec, and is an exceptional business destination. Our businesses enjoy special access to the country, thanks to NAFTA, and several of our flagship companies, such as Bombardier, have already made Mexico part of their international strategy.
The country combines the advantages of emerging markets (growth, accelerated resource development, a new middle class) with the properties of advanced economies (predictability, efficient courts, access to capital).
It makes large investments in infrastructure (ports, railroads, airports, telecommunications, electrical networks, water management) and is becoming a major player in the aeronautics industry, offering many prospects for Quebec-based businesses.
Mexico remains one of the countries among emerging economies in which manufacturing costs have remained the lowest.
Facts and figures:
- A country that will be among the top 10 global economies by 2020
- A GDP growth rate of 3.9% in 2012, projected to be 3.4% this year and in 2014, according to the IMF
- The second largest economic power in Latin America
- Quebec’s 5th largest global partner, and its leading partner in Latin America
- Canada is the 4th largest foreign investor in Mexico
- A country in which some 2,500 Canadian businesses are active
- The 8th most popular tourist destination in the world
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART?
- Entrepreneurs seeking to expand into the Mexican market, or who are already active on the market but are seeking to network and learn more.
- Business advisors, researchers, and service providers (lawyers, accounting firms, consultants).
- Businesses in the following sectors are especially targeted:
- Information technology and telecommunications
- Life sciences and medical equipment
- Green technologies
- Defence and security
Register for this seminar to make key contacts and learn how you can take advantage of this market’s global economic growth! Then, put your newly acquired skills to work and further your expansion efforts by taking part in our trade mission to Mexico from November 11 to November 15.