Montréal, October 29, 2012 – During a gala held on Friday, October 26, as part of the Mois des diplômés, the Université de Montréal’s alumni association celebrated the 25th anniversary of its graduating class of 1987. To mark the occasion, the association recognized the careers and achievements of eight graduates from 1987, including the President and CEO of the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal, Michel Leblanc.
“On behalf of the board of directors, members and employees of the Board of Trade, I would like to congratulate Mr. Leblanc for the honour bestowed upon him by his alma mater,” said Luc Sabbatini, the Chairman of the Board of Trade. “This recognition of his career since he received his degree in economics is well deserved, and it also reflects well on our organization, which celebrates its 190th anniversary this year.”
“The Board of Trade has remained relevant over the years thanks to people who, like Mr. Leblanc, understand our city’s issues, propose solutions and convince the business community and decision makers to move forward,” Luc Sabbatini said. “This honour reminds us of the importance of having high-calibre universities. Year in and year out, our universities train cohorts of graduates who contribute to our community’s development. We would also like to congratulate the seven others honoured by the alumni association.”
The graduates honoured at the gala were:
- Dr. Guy Fitzgerald (Veterinary Medicine), Clinical Practitioner at the Université de Montréal’s faculty of veterinary medicine.
- Ms. Sophie Galaise (Music), General Director of the Orchestre symphonique de Québec.
- Mr. Michel Leblanc (Economics), President and CEO of the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal.
- Ms. Sylvie Le May (Continuing Education), Associate Professor and Researcher in the faculty of nursing at the Université de Montréal.
- Mr. Luc Mayrand (Industrial Design), Artistic Director and Producer at Walt Disney Imagineering.
- Mr. Pierre Karl Péladeau (Law), President and CEO of Quebecor Inc.
- Ms. Lili-Anna Peresa (Polytechnique), Former General Manager of the One Drop Foundation.
- Dr. Jean-Claude Tardif (Medicine), Director of the Montreal Heart Institute Research Centre.
About the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal
The Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal is made up of some 7,000 members. Its mission is to represent the interests of the business community of Greater Montréal and to provide individuals, merchants, and local businesses of all sizes with a variety of specialized services to help them achieve their full potential in terms of innovation, productivity, and competitiveness. The Board of Trade is Quebec's leading private economic development organization.
Advisor, Media Relations
Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal
Phone: 514-871-4000, extension 4015
Follow the discussion: #ccmmqcca