Save this document You must first be logged in to save this document. Print

Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada

If you are a Canadian agricultural producer, you could get insurance to help cover the loss when your net earnings fall below 70 percent of your recent average.

To be eligible, you should:

  • Farm at least six straight months during the year for which you apply
  • Report your farming income to the Canada Revenue Agency
  • Finish a production cycle (or try to finish it) in the year you apply
  • Pay the fee

Other conditions apply.

In some regions, the program is delivered by the provincial government. See the website for contact information.

Learn more

For any inquiries, please contact our information agents.

Was this information useful?