- Subscribers to emails of the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal or of its services – World Trade Centre Montréal (international trade) or Info entrepreneurs (business information) – are active members or clients of the Board of Trade, have subscribed via the Board of Trade's Web site, or are professionals in a sector of activity that is closely related to one of the Board of Trade's services and that expressed an interest by transmitting their email address via a business card or by phone, or the person to whom the message is sent has conspicuously published the email address to which the message is sent, without a statement that the person does not wish to receive unsolicited emails.
- At all times, the sender of a Board of Trade email is easy to identify and contact by e-mail or by telephone, whether it be the Board of Trade itself, one of its services, or one of its employees.
- A link allowing the recipient to change or cancel their subscription is included on every email at the bottom.
- The list of email addresses of subscribers to the Board of Trade will never be sold or rented, either in whole or in part.
- Informal wear is required to take part in all Board of Trade events.
We deploy all efforts to protect the private nature of your personal information. Since we collect information about you using our website, we feel that it is important that you understand how we collect and use this information. This page summarizes our personal information collection practices.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
All personal information collected by Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal is done so exclusively with your consent, by means of a form posted on our website, an email received from you or by telephone. No information is collected automatically.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information collected is only used by Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal staff for the purposes defined at the time of the collection or a use that complies with these purposes. We do not share your information with any third parties.
As mentioned above, we use your personal information to appropriately process your requests and present you with the information you need to access. We also use all of the information you provide voluntarily in order to make your visits on our site possible. This information might, at a later time, allow us to add customized elements to our site or to plan its content more appropriately, based on user interests.
If you have granted us the permission to, we can use your personal information in order to send you newsletters, with the intent of offering you the best service possible.
At all times, the sender of an email prepared by Info entrepreneurs or the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal is easily identifiable and reachable, via email or phone.
You can also manage your inclusion on the participant lists for various Board of Trade activities, which are accessible to certain members. If you wish to be removed from these lists, please contact us at 1 888 576-4444 or go to your profile page by clicking here.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not, in any circumstances, share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission, including public organizations, corporations or individuals, except when applicable by law. We do not sell, communicate or divulge your information to any mailing lists. We can offer to add your address to an Info entrepreneurs or Canada Business Network mailing list or list server if you request it. In this last case, you may at any time ask us to remove your name from such lists.
The only exception is if the law or a court order compels us to. We will share your information with government agencies if they need or request it.
We use a component of your browser named a cookie to recognize your computer. Cookies are small data files that are saved on your hard drive when you visit websites. These files make browsing the sites easier.
STORAGE AND SAFETY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store your file ourselves. In addition, we use and apply the appropriate security measures to preserve the confidentiality of your information.
Info entrepreneurs notably uses software to monitor traffic on its network in order to detect unauthorized attempts to download or change information, or to otherwise damage the site. This software receives and records the IP address of the computer used by the person visiting our website, the date and time of the visit and the pages viewed. We do not attempt to make the connection between these addresses and the identities of the individuals who visit our site, unless an intrusion or disruption attempt is detected.
All personal information you supply is protected according to the federal government’s Privacy Act. This means that you are entitled to know when the information is collected and to be informed of the purpose of such collection, but also to access said information. We are legally bound to save all personal information you provide for at least two years after their use so that you may reasonably access them. After that time, your personal information will be destroyed.
ACCESS TO AND VIEWING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can, at any time, access the personal information we have collected about you, modify it or ask us to delete it. To do so, or if you have any questions or comments regarding this policy, please contact us.
To learn more about the protection of your personal information on the Web, please visit the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec and Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada websites.