THE ACTIVITY IN BRIEF
On May 22, attend a breakfast meeting during which you will hear from Thailand’s Ambassador to Canada and the Thailand Board of Investment. They will speak to you about the country’s business environment, business and investment opportunities, and key sectors. You will also have an opportunity to hear a testimonial from a Quebec entrepreneur active on the market.
Following the seminar, you will be able to meet with key participants to discuss your projects.
The speech will be held in english.
For more information
Head, International Market Development
514 871-4002, ext. 6212
May 20 2014
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Understand Thailand’s economy and explore business and investment opportunities to be seized
- Meet key stakeholders for your business development, directly on site
- Learn more about key sectors—the aerospace and metallurgy sectors in particular
- Network with other businesses active in Thailand or seeking to expand onto the market
In 2013, Thailand’s economy grew by 3%, and an increase of 4% is forecast for 2014. According to estimates, this growth will likely continue over the coming years. In 2012 and 2013, several sectors saw significant private investment, notably the services and infrastructures, agri-food products, and metallurgy sectors.
In an effort to increase the country’s competitiveness, by 2020, the State intends to inject close to $50 billion US into its transportation network, which includes the construction of high-speed trains, the development of two-track railway transportation, and the introduction of a public transit system in Bangkok.
Faced with increased air traffic and more airlines, certain airports—including Suvarnabhumi—reached maximum capacity in 2011. Many renovation and expansion projects are in the works in this country that is aspiring to become a regional and sub-regional aviation hub. The aerospace sector is enjoying a strong boost, due to the constant increase in travellers, as well as national and international flights. This industry generates about $25.5 billion per year, representing 9% of Thailand’s GDP.
Thailand is recognized as a preferred place to conduct business—and to do so at low cost. The government takes a favourable approach to the private sector and to efficient business conduct. In short, the country offers a good number of business prospects for Quebec companies.
Thailand, facts and figures:
- The world’s 21st ranking GDP, and the 8th in Asia (2012)
- Steady economic growth since the mid-80s, with growth peaks close to 10% in certain years
- $717.2 million CAD in Canadian imports in 2012, an increase of more than 20% since 2007
- Quebec imports amounting to $85.7 million CAD in 2012, an increase of 15% from 2010
- Close to 68 million inhabitants by 2015, which will make the country the world's 21st largest in terms of population.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Companies seeking to grow their business in Southeast Asia and wanting to learn more about the Thai market.
- The activity will be of particular interest to businesses in the following sectors:
- Other sectors also offer great opportunities:
- Creative industries
- Food processing
- Life sciences
Register for this seminar to explore Thailand’s full potential for your business!