THE MISSION AT A GLANCE
The Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal and its team of international trade experts, the World Trade Centre Montréal, invite you to join a trade mission to international financial institutions in Washington, which will take place from April 22 to 24, 2013.
This mission will allow you to meet individuals in charge of international development projects in the healthcare, education, and information technology sectors.
On the very premises of the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, experts will inform you about current and upcoming projects in emerging countries. You will be able to establish key contacts in these institutions, and—through seminars and one-on-one meetings—learn how your company can take advantage of many upcoming business opportunities.
You will meet experts from the following institutions:
- World Bank (WB)
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Millenium Challenge Corporation
This mission will also provide an exceptional opportunity for international networking, as it will bring together business delegations from Quebec, other Canadian provinces, the United States, and Europe in Washington*.
Including 10 hours of consulting services for the identification and follow-up of business opportunities
• Assessment (capacity to work with banks)
• Identification of business opportunities
• Business intelligence
• Development of strategy (product, market, entry strategy, etc.)
• Assistance with drafting international calls for tenders (coaching and reviewing)
• Follow-up on bidding process
• Introduction to multilateral development bank contacts
• Orientation towards specialists (consultants, governmental representatives, lawyers)
• Identification of field partners.
Registration deadline: April 10
The activity will be held in English
|General Program + 10 hours of consulting services
|General Program + 10 hours of consulting services + one-on-one meetings
||Become a Member
For more information
Advisor, International Market Development
World Bank Group Private Sector Liaison Officer for the Quebec
514-871-4002 ext. 6216
Analyst, International Trade
514 871-4000, ext. 6202
Registration fees include:
- All breakfasts
- Buffet lunches on April 22, 23
- Receptions on April 22 and 23
- Guidance throughout the length of your stay
The trade mission general program in Washington is a combined initiative of Private Sector Liaison Officers (PSLO) from Alberta, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
WHY TAKE PART?
Join this mission to:
- Develop better practices for bidding on invitations to tender
- Network with stakeholders involved in preparing and implementing projects
- Explore the project development and implementation process
- Learn about the types of projects and how to obtain strategic information about them
- Find out which technologies, products, and services are in demand in emerging countries, in the healthcare, education, and information technology sectors
- Meet other entrepreneurs interested in these markets, and thereby increase your partnership opportunities
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART?
This mission is specifically intended for:
- Business services firms (consultants, lawyers, accountants)
- Equipment manufacturers and suppliers
- Engineering consulting firms
- Healthcare and healthcare research institutions
- Educational institutions and teachers
- Experts and businesses in the information technology sector
- Research centres
- Researchers and engineers in the targeted sectors
The mission will also be of interest to any other individuals seeking to gain a better understanding of the multilateral development banks, their projects in developing countries, and their bidding process.